Wow – there was such a backlash against my offhand comment about making a mix tape. I love it!
So, of course, I think we should all brainstorm on the worst, tackiest, most awful post-break-up mix tape songs ever. Because it’s fun, not because I will actually make a mix tape. I promise. And also because I desperately need something to laugh about, as I sent the “please don’t contact me any more” e-mail today, even though really, really I do want to see him and talk to him but it just hurts too much. And I just pretty much want to die.
So. Let us focus on the task at hand.
My suggestions for the World’s Most Awkward and Humiliating Mix Tape:
- I don’t want to live without your love – Chicago (Honorable mention: If you leave me now. Oh, and “Look away.” And pretty much the entire Chicago catalog.)
- All out of love – Air Supply
- The way we were – Barbra Streisand
- Didn’t we almost have it all – Whitney Houston
- Against all odds (take a look at me now) – Phil Collins
- Right here waiting – Richard Marx
- All by myself – Eric Carmen
- Trying to get the feeling again – Barry Manilow
- You don’t bring me flowers – Neil Diamond / Barbra Streisand
I admit that I have quoted one of these songs to Mr. Wonderful. But I’ll never tell which one.
And now that I’m completely and totally depressed … your turn. Readers?